When you visit our website https://www.BeyondGyan.com (the "Website"), and more generally, use any of our services (the "Services", which include the Website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website), as well as any related services, sales, marketing, or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when
you register on the Website, express an interest in obtaining
information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in
activities on the Website (such as by posting messages in our online
forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise when
you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries or register for an account on the Site, to access the Services. We may collect the information from you in order to provide our Services, including but not limited to:
● Email address
● Phone number
● Pin code or City and State you are in
● Video recordings of your, or your Child or other participants during sessions
● Your voluntarily provided profile picture
● Information voluntarily provided by you in your profile
By voluntarily providing us with Personal Data, you
provide Personal Data to us in pursuance of accessing our Services, you
acknowledge and agree that such Personal Data may be transferred from your
current location to the offices and servers of our company and the authorized
third parties referred to herein
Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by PayPal, RazorPay, Stripe or other payment gateways platforms which are integrated on our website today and provide services. You may find their privacy notice link(s) on their respective websites
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Website.
We automatically collect certain information when
you visit, use, or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal
your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include
device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device
characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device
name, country, location, information about who and when you use
our Website and other technical information. This information is
primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Website,
and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
▪ Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data are service-related, diagnostic usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called 'crash dumps') and hardware settings).
This section explains our information collection,
disclosure, parental consent practices and parental choice procedures with
respect to the information provided by Children under the age of 18 (“Child” or
“Children”). This policy is in accordance with the current data privacy laws
prevailing in India. We abide by the general obligation that Personal Data of
Children is to be processed in a manner that protects the rights of the Child and
which must be in the Child’s best interests.
Collection: we collect information about child directly from parents/guardians, who provide us with their Child’s first name, age, type of schooling, location, and additional notes for the Instructor. In addition, the Children may share information about themselves during sessions. The sessions may take place over online videos in which video images and audio of the Children are recorded. No information is collected directly from Children until they are in the course session. Children cannot post personal data publicly on our company website.
Use and Disclosure: We share the name, age, location, and any notes parents have provided about their Children to the course Instructor / Trainer, to allow the Instructor / Trainer to provide sessions. This information shall also be treated as part of the parent’s Personal Data and may be shared as described in the Disclosure section above for business transfers; to vendors and Trainers; and to comply with legal requirements. Children may also share information about themselves with the Instructor / Trainers and the rest of the students attending the session during the session voluntarily. While we expect Instructors and all other users to abide by our standards of conduct, please note that we cannot control or monitor what Personal Information your Child shares with Instructors / Trainers or the classmates, nor what those third parties ultimately do with that information, and disclaim all responsibility in that regard.
Session Video Recordings: As described above, we may record videos of students and Instructors / Trainers during our online sessions (“Session Recordings”). The Session Recordings are made available by us to the Instructors / Trainers and may be shared by the Instructor / Trainers for all the students (and their parents) to view (the “Permitted Recipients”). We may also use Session Recordings to provide feedback to the Instructors / Trainers, for customer support, and for compliance purposes. We utilize reasonable means to (i) limit the ability of Instructors / Trainers to create copies of the Session Recordings or to share the Session Recordings with anyone aside from Permitted Recipients, and also (ii) limit the ability of Permitted Recipients to download or re-share the Session Recordings. While we expect the Instructors and Permitted Recipients to abide by our standards of conduct, please note that we cannot control or monitor what such third parties ultimately do with Session Recordings and disclaim all responsibility in that regard.
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Website for a
variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal
information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business
interests, to enter or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or
for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing
grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
▪ To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
▪ To post testimonials. We post testimonials on
our Website that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a
testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the consent of
the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please
contact us at email@example.com and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and
▪ Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback
and to contact you about your use of our Website.
▪ To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information
to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
▪ To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal
information to send you product, service, and new feature information and/or
information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
▪ To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our
efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud
monitoring and prevention).
To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
▪ Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to
fulfill and manage your orders, payments, cancellations and refunds made
through the Website.
To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
▪ To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our
third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us
for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing
preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information
about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting
us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our
marketing emails at any time (see the "WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS" below).
Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
▪ For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
4. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
▪ Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific
consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
▪ Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered a contract with
you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
▪ Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are
legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental
requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in
response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public
authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
▪ Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
▪ Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
▪ Vendors, Instructors and Other Third-Party Trainers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, Trainers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages, or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
▪ Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit or use the Website. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
5. WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us using the contact details provided in the section below titled "HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?".
▪ Cloud Computing Services
▪ Communicate and Chat with Users
Tawk.to, Hotjar, Jitsi, Typeform
▪ Invoice and Billing
PayPal, Stripe and Razor Pay
▪ Web and Mobile Analytics
▪ Website Hosting
GoDaddy, Hosting Raja
7. WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with our Website.
The Website may contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, online services, or mobile applications. We cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide to any third parties. Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this privacy notice. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the Website. You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period in which users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the Website within a secure environment.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at Info@beyondgyan.com.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
■ Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
■ Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
■ Access your account settings and update your preferences.
■ Contact us using the contact information provided.
11. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
12. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Website, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Website. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Website, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
13. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
14.International Users and Visitors
BeyondGyan is hosted in India and is not intended to be subjected to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of India. Your Personal Data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage Trainers, and by using the Site, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including India, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
15. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact us on email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please visit: http://www.beyondgyan.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days.